This recovery disc flash drive is loaded with the ISO files of Windows 8.1 with Bing for Stick. If you have purchased mini PC/compute stick/Morefine M1/Meegopad T01 with activated Windows 8.1, and need to re-install Windows, this flash drive is your fast and sure solution.
Why you need it:
1. The best way to re-install your Windows 8 on Meegopad T01 or Morefine M1 is by booting from this USB flash drive, since it is custom made for PC stick's eMMC storage;
2. It is not safe to transfer such files of such large overall size, important files may go missing in the transmission, even corrupted by virus;
3. Easy-to-operate USB booting saves your time.
How to use:
1. Rename this flash drive as 'WINPE' on another computer. Note: Avoid changing anything in the flash drive, i.e. file/folder names and locations;
2. Prepare a 3 to 1 USB hub, use it to connect the flash drive and a keyboard to your mini PC/compute stick/Morefine M1/Meegopad T01;
Prepare an OTG adapter with a male MicroUSB and a female USB2.0, so there are enough USB ports for both keyboard and flash drive.
3. Plug your mini PC/compute stick/Morefine M1/Meegopad T01 to a powered-on TV/monitor/projector, long press the power button, while simultaneously press 'Esc' on the keyboard repeatedly in short intervals, till you see the BIOS menu;
4. In the BIOS, find "Save & Exit", and under it, find "Boot Override", if your flash drive's name shows up, simply move the cursor to its name, press "enter" and Windows 8 re-installation will automatically start;
5. Wait till the re-installation is completed.
6. You will enter the original setup interface of Windows 8 with Bing;
7. Follow the steps, and if you purchased the licensed version of Morefine M1/Meegopad T01, since the license is embedded in the BIOS, which is not affected by re-installation, Windows 8 will be activated by itself once connected to the Internet.
Note: Please beware if you update the BIOS by yourself, the license inside will be wiped out. So if you have the licensed version, and want to update BIOS, the factory and MakeTheOne cannot be held accountable for recovering your Windows license.
In this case, you operate at your own risk.
Flash drive model:
Kingston Technology - DataTraveler SE9 8GB USB Flash Drive - Silver
Product FeaturesDataTraveler SE9
Kingston’s DataTraveler® SE9 USB Flash drive has a stylish metal casing with a large ring so it will attach easily. The small form factor makes it a great accessory for notebooks like Intel’s new Ultrabook™ as well as tablets that offer USB ports. Its durable casing lets users securely carry this drive everywhere they go with their new devices. DataTraveler SE9 is covered by a five-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston® reliability.
- Supports Windows® 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista® & Mac
- Stylish metal casing
- Sturdy loop
SpecificationsCapacity: 8GB (The ISO file inside is 5.95GB)
Convenient: small, capless and pocket-sized for easy transportability
Guaranteed: five-year warranty, free technical support
Customizable: Lasered with MakeTheOne logo
Dimensions: 1.535" x 0.486" x 0.179" (39.00mm x 12.35mm x 4.55mm)
Operating Temperature: 32° to 140° F (0° to 60°C)
Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
Compatible with: Windows® 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista®, Mac OS X v.10.6.x+, Linux v.2.6.x+